Why I closed my Facebook account....

Today I deactivated my Facebook account.
It felt heavy and light, at the same time.

On one hand, it felt sad to say goodbye to all the friends I've made, remembering all the good times we shared... All the poetry, stories, laughter, support and celebrations we shared....

It was a wonderful opportunity and indeed a privilege, to connect with people from all around the world, whom I probably would have not met otherwise.

But Facebook was becoming a burden to me.
I was checking it five, six times per day, answering friends, posting and reading constantly.
I recognized that it was taking a lot of my time, and that my days were no longer balanced.

I love balance and enjoy being productive.
I love a quiet mind that is guided by my own focus and choices,not just by what was presented in my Facebook newsfeed.

While on FB, I found that my mind was becoming very unruly.
Instead of being steadily focused on what I wanted to contemplate, it would chew on ideas that my friends posted.

I recognized that Facebook is a big gossip machine, that never let out, and that by tuning into it, I was exposing myself to the constant information and chatter of many minds.

It did not only take my physical time, while sitting on the computer looking at postings, it also stayed in my mind, nagging at my awareness long after I got up from my chair.

I meditate daily and regularly.
It is a practice that I started many years ago, while in my mid twenties, when I first recognized how much it helped to reduce stress in my life.

Stress is generated by our minds.
Our minds generate a stream of thoughts, which in response, generates emotions in us.

If our minds chew on negative thinking, and disempowering thoughts about ourselves, about our possibilities or our lives, we will feel sad, disempowered, anxious and a lack of aim.

By guarding our minds and learning to direct them, we are able to tame the wild horses of the streams of thoughts, and instead focus on uplifting ideas, possibilities, and thoughts of Unity, peace, spiritual power, blessings and gratitude.

Meditation, is a way to tame these running horses of our unruly thoughts.
It draws us back into the silent, so we can start again from ground zero.

When we learn to tame our minds, we are able to use one of the most potent tools on earth and beyond - our minds.
The power of all of creation, is in our minds.

The constant chatter, does not need to come only from inside, it could and does, come from outside as well, if we expose ourselves to it.

I remember many years ago, visiting homes in which the TV was on and nobody was watching, while at the same time the radio was on, people were talking and kids were playing and screaming in another room, it all felt like chaos and the noise was disorienting.

It is best to keep your focused attention on the task at hand.
On the person you are having a conversation with...

Focused attention brings inner calm and peace.

Too much activity, too many ideas circulating in your mind, leads to procrastination, and in many cases, to confusion.

If you want to explore a subject, and truly get to know it intimately, devote your focused attention to it.
Do not flail about and do not embrace many ideas in a shallow manner.

Dare to take the time to explore the meaning of a spiritual idea, deeply and thoroughly.
Be NOT content with superficiality.

ONE Truth Principle thoroughly examined and understood, can open up a flood gate of illumination in your understanding and will carry you faster towards Self Realization.

I am not saying goodbye to all my Facebook friends.
I am saying goodbye to the constant chatter....
I will carry my friends in my heart forever... We are ONE in the Love that created us all.