Burn the lute for a fuel, and cook the beautiful crane for food...

Today I dropped the art at the depot, for the Original Art Show in Auckland.

"It is an honor to finally meet you! 
We only ever see your work...
We never get to meet you in person."

Says the friendly lady at the counter.

I feel my eyes get moist...

She tells me she loved the work I submitted four years ago.... 
The one with the thick texture of the swirly thick acrylic paint...

It is nice to hear her say so...

I have met people in NZ, who were quick to tell me that they do NOT like this style... 
And of course many who also loved, bought and collected them.... 

It would never occur to me that I have a right to tell an artist that I do not like his work... 
All the effort and creativity that goes into creating the art.... It feels so cruel to say something like this... Sum it up this way....
Yet people did tell me that..... without blinking an eye...

Artists have to deal with all sort of hardships...
It is the unfortunate part of the life of an artist.

In China, there is a poetic term used to describe people who has no clue about good poetry or good art......
People who offend against good taste....

They are enclosed within their own limitation of "taste" and what is "good craft" or are blind to art and are only guided by a "famous name of an artist..."

It is said that these people see no depth and beauty where it lays.... The saying is:

"They burn a lute for fuel, and cook the beautiful crane for food..."