Denials, Mantras and Affirmations...

6 days before our adventure travel in China, my random thoughts:

The mind never stops thinking.

We may not always be aware of the thoughts and ideas that runs through our minds, but it does not mean that the mind does not continues to 'marinate' in its own juices and ideas.

The thoughts that the mind holds, are habits of thinking that we developed, combined with constant affirmations of ideas that creates our realities.

We may not be aware of our own mind's thinking habits, and not be aware that the thoughts we hold, may not be supporting our highest good...

I will give you an example of what I mean.

We all know how popular songs, have a way of lodging themselves in our minds, and staying there for awhile....

The song may carry a negative or a very limiting message, or even be really stupid, but still, we are not able to dislodge it from our mind...

Yesterday night I saw a terrible movie, which we selected because it won major awards in the UK.
In it, people were fighting constantly and being violent and abusive to one another...as well as demonstrated the lowest of human's behaviors.

In it, there was this song, with a terribly depressing message... Yet the beat was catchy.

The words said:

"Life's a bitch and then you die;
That's why we get high;
Cause you never know
When you're gonna go."

When we closed the DVD and went to bed, my mind was still repeating this terrible lines like a "Mantra".

Because the mind is NEVER idle we need to keep vigil guard of it.... And to consciously and MINDFULLY, pay attention to the ideas and thoughts that get unintentionally lodged in it.

We have to develop the habit of examining our mind's garden repeatedly, and to weed out the limiting ideas that prevents us from living the life that we want.

We want to cultivate instead, the ideas that promote our highest good, and create for us, a life filled with wonderful experiences, and magnetize to us, the things that we do want.

Our minds need our conscious and constant attention.....

This means that we need to actively deny any limiting beliefs, to ourselves, and to affirm NEW and better ideas.

Mantras, are forms of affirmations also.

The resonance that a Mantra creates in our minds, by repeated recitation, is a form of engaging the busy mind,....... or as it often called, the "Monkey Mind", with positive and life affirming sounds and ideas.

In Tibet, there is a very famous mantra, which is used by most everybody.

It is: OM MANI PADME HUM

OM - represents the body of all Buddhas; it also used at the beginning of most mantras.

MANI - means "jewel" in Sanskrit.

PAD ME- the Sanskrit pronunciation, or PEME in Tibetan means "Lotus".

HUM - represents the mind of all Buddhas and often ends many mantras.

The short explanation, is that name "Chenrezig" is placed between the two sacred and traditional syllables: OM and HUM.
Chenrezig, is the Bodhisattva of Compassion and "The one who holds the jewel and the lotus."

The disciples, are encouraged to repeat this mantra, as many times as possible during the day, as to engage the monkey mind with Divine sound.
Even while one work in the kitchen, or in the garden, or during any other activity, one is encouraged go repeat the mantra inwardly.

The idea is, that by reciting this mantra repeatedly, the mind is calmed down, and the resonance of speaking words of love, compassion and truth, with devotion, brings our whole being back into balance.

But you can choose your own mantra, to relax you and to calm you down when you are angry or upset....

You can make it up and use an uplifting affirmation when you are in need of motivation.... Or in need of support....

You can repeat a positive affirmation when you are in need of remembering your own worthiness and beauty....

You should also know, that every time you feel depress... Or down... Or low,..... your mind is sounding some kind of inaudible negative affirmation.

Your being, is listening to some kind of depressing inner dialog, which you are not consciously aware of.... This is a GOOD time to consciously repeat a positive and uplifting affirmation to yourself instead.

You can say to yourself any of these affirmations, as mantras, based on what you find yourself worrying about...

You may find yourself feeling concerned about your health....or about a family member.... Worry about your finances.... the meaning of your life.... Your relationships... Etc.

Affirmations are good way to shift into higher gear, when you are trying to move energies in your life...

You can say:

"I am NOT a body, I AM SPIRIT, I AM FREE!"

"I now give thanks for the opportunity to enjoy a healthy mind and body, so I can live in harmony within.... And live in harmony with Nature and the world around me.
I now enjoy a healthy and happy life!"


"I am a child of Life and I am VERY worthy!"


"I think kind thoughts for ALL the world.
May all the world be happy and blessed."

"Within me, there is perfect form.
A form DIVINE.
I am now ALL that I desire to be
I visualize daily my beautiful Being, until I breathe it into full expression!"


"I am a Divine Child!
Joy, health, happiness and prosperity, are my divine inheritance!"


"ALL my needs are being now and FOREVER supplied!
I am a beloved child of God.
My life is important!
I am full of gratitude for all the blessings in my life...and ALL is well!"


"I AM a Child of LIFE, and I learn to receive, all the blessings that my Beloved God, has in store for me!"


"Infinite LOVE fills my mind! It thrills my body with it's perfect LIFE"


"I make everything bright and beautiful about me.
I cultivate the spirit of humor... I am ONE with the Spirit of creativity!"


"God within me, I ask to express love, wisdom, strength, perfect health, and much prosperity."


"I ask for ALL GOOD to come to me, not for my ego self, but so I may be of service to You, and to all Your Holy Children!"


"That which I desire, is already in visible form.
I form in my mind, ONLY that which I desire.
I concentrate ONLY on my good desire.
I hold my desire in mind, already fulfilled.
I now await the perfect out-picturing of my desire.
I know that You, the loving God within me, always pour out lovingly, lavishly and abundantly, all that I desire for myself and for ALL!"


"Dear God, I now partake of Your Opulent supply, that I may realize my oneness with You, that all your children may realize the same, and that whatever I have, I may pour out to help all Your Children."



To watch the Tibetan mantra recitation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG_lNuNUVd4&feature=youtube_gdata_player