The belief in hardship.....

18 days before our cycling adventure in China, my random thoughts:

I have never seen a UFO.
But there was a time in my childhood, when there was nothing I wanted MORE, than to see a UFO.

I used to look at the night sky when there were no clouds, and look for shooting stars, and hoped to see a light zipping sideways in the sky, which would have been all that I needed as 'proof,' that UFO's were real...

I desperately wanted to be taken away...to see other solar systems and life on other stars....

I thought about the subject very often, but never saw anything.......until one night, In which I had a vivid dream.

In my dream, a space craft, landed in the field next to my home, in a spectacle of bright lights, and out of the craft came..... A regular Boy.
He was a little older than I was, but not by much.

He sat with me and asked me why am I so sad....
And why am I so longing to be taken away by a space craft?...

I said that I do not get along with my parent.... But the biggest thing was... That everything here on earth.... Was just so damn HARD....

The boy asked me what was so hard?

I said everything...

He asked again...

I said school was hard..... most of the teachers were impossibly hard....... I hated studying the Bible....... A bunch of punishments and an angry jealous old God....... And I hated memorizing the dates of history........... So full of bloodshed and killing.........and why do we have to learn all this European history, but NOTHING about the many dynasties of China........ Or the ancient Rajas and rulers of India...............
I hated doing homework, since I disliked being home,.............. and much preferred swimming and playing until sunset............

The boy was understanding....
He smiled at me with a wide smile, and asked me how would I feel, if he told me that LIFE can be lived as a FUN game.....

I wondered what he meant..... But he said nothing more...

He sat in silence with me, and I felt calmer than I did in my whole childhood...
The only other times I remember being this calm, was when I was swimming, or sunbathing by myself at the pool...

I remember thinking to myself: "Why not? Why not drop the idea of hardship and view life as a fun and easy game?...."

The dream ended, and funnily enough, my thoughts about UFO's and space craft, were gone forever.

I no longer had any dreams or thoughts about it at all, and kept only a mild interest in any UFO movies, facts and documentaries about the Government coverup of any UFO landings.

I also never dreamt about that boy again.

Many, many years later, I explored and developed a belief that "stress and hardship," are totally optional.

Many in our society, believe in hardship.
Maybe it is a left over concept from the time when many worked the land and lived hard lives..... Many today still believe that things worth having are hard, and that hard work pays...

I believe in doing what you TRULY love, which makes work a pleasure and a play....
And when most of your time is spent doing what you love, hardship is gone and work becomes a delight....
The fact that people pay you for it, is a bonus, and just mind blowing wonderful....

Many famous actors and actresses, as well as singers and best selling writers, say that they simply cannot believe, that they get paid to do what they adore so much....
I heard interviews with some who said that it feels as if it is too good to be true....

Many believe that marriage and relationships, are hard work.
They believe that we need to keep working at it.... And work hard, to make it fresh and loving.

I do not see a marriage as hard work at all.... It is a series of fun and adventures... Like two kids who get to share a life together as adults........

They can be as silly and childish as they choose to be...
They are free to do as they wish..... Go pick apples, or read each other poetry..... They can make love whenever they want, drink wine, travel around the world, or lay around on a sofa, and read books all day...

A marriage is like having a partner to share the load, AND the fun adventures........
It is nice having someone to pick up the phone, when you are screening calls.... And say that you are not available to talk right now...

It is nice to have another hand to pick up the mail, or take out the rubbish, or drive the car when you are too tipsy to drive...... It is fun to have a shoulder to cry on, when you complicate your life at times.....

It is fun and it should not be hard work.... You share your time and make each other laugh.... and expand your ideas...

If you bring challenges into your life, then you have an opportunity to build up strength, through sharing of Truth principals and growing in shared ideas...

Many believe that those who work hard, are those who succeed.
Many also think, that those who work long and hard, are always bound to reap the results.

But those who usually make it big, and enjoy their life the most, are those who came up with brilliant internet ideas, or cool ideas in the visual art, or in music..... Or in industry......

In actuality, those who love and play at their work, are those who got it right....

You do not have to work in a creative field, to have an exciting inner life and to celebrate your days.

All that is required, is that you become mindful of your days, and to become a joyful observer in your own life...

Some who developed the skill to do so, will tell you that life and work can become so easy... It almost feels unreal...

Yes, it is all about ease....and play... and fun....and loving the life you created for yourself.

We as humans, were never meant to crawl on the dry and dusty earth, like a serpent.... NOR were we meant to labor to bring and raise children.... Or to toil for our daily living...

You are meant to enjoy your journey here..... It is meant to be about joy and fun and play...and creativity....

Do not reserve your creativity, only to the pages of your journal, or to your canvas, use your creativity to create a good and fun filled life for yourself...

Your life, was NOT meant to be a series of struggles and disappointments, but a series of soul discoveries, epiphanies, insights, celebrations and joys....

Bring into your life the things that make you feel happy and like a kid again...
If you want to, hang a basketball hoop in your living room, or have a breakfast of cherries and chocolate..... Whatever makes you giggle...

Suffering is not necessary for a person's development.
Suffering is actually the result of some violation of a spiritual laws.

Most of our sufferings, are fully avoidable, by bringing our life back into alignment with spiritual laws...
By cultivating the path of non resistance.... By Not pushing the river..... And not moving forward, before the time is ripe...

I would like to tell you about Jim Tully.

He was born in Ohio in the USA.
His parents were Irish immigrants.
His father worked as a ditch-digger.

Tully enjoyed a relatively happy but very impoverished childhood, until the death of his mother in 1892.
Unable to care for him, his father sent him to an orphanage in Cincinnati.
He remained there for six years.

He left the orphanage and for many years, he had been homeless.... Jumping trains with the hoboes.... Living the life of what used to be called a tramp.
He called himself "The King of the Hoboes."

He loved his life as a hobo, and he had a light heart and a kin eye for observation.... he also taught himself to read and write.
The education he acquired came in the hobo camps, boxcars, railroad yards, and public libraries scattered across the country.

He had a vivid imagination and he wrote a few books filled with stories about his experiences, and about the characters he met while riding trains across the USA.

He wrote and documented his life as a tramp.
He enjoyed what he was doing, and...... later in his life, he became a very successful author.

One of his successful books, was called "Outside Looking In."
It was sold to a major studio, and was made into a film.

He became famous and prosperous and lives for awhile in Hollywood.

What opened the secret door to success for Jim Tully?

He celebrated his life of adventures, he made the most of being a tramp..... And this had made all the difference...

That was his Secret of Success..... Instead of drifting in self pity, he found his life INTERESTING..... And by enjoying his life, he was able to write about it, and to make it interesting to other people to read. 

Remember to live your life with joy, and become interested in yourself, your own life, and your environment....

Observe the people around you and write about them.... Celebrate your life.... And let go of the idea of hardship...

Wishing you a light filled day.... Lived with imagination and creativity...