15 days before our adventure cycling in China, my random thoughts:

Tali Landsman Today I am staying late in bed.
We had some friends over from Haruru Falls in the Bays Of Islands, for dinner last night, and since we live so remotely, they stayed over to sleep.

Like us, they are world travelers, and we exchanged ideas about places to visit, and things to see, as well as laughed like crazy, about mishaps, about running from revolutions that happen while you visit, the media, and much more...

We laughed about the fact that most people, think that you have to be wealthy to travel...

Every world traveler, knows very well that ALL you need is the spirit of adventure....and flexibility, a relax attitude and willingness to make things happen....

There are still charming B&B for as little as $5 a night, and whole fresh and yummy meals for 0.75 cents to eat....depending on where you go and what kinds of experiences you want to have....

I am not denying that if you want to fly to Paris, and stay in the best hotels and eat the best food, it will cost you.... But we have done that dozens of times.... Now we are more intrigued by seeing remote rural
villages in Nepal, hike and meditate in Tibet, or the Indian Himalayas...
Visit remote villages in China, where the locals NEVER saw a foreigner... And kids run crying to hide behind their mothers, when they see a foreigner approaching....

I was too tired last night to read anyting in FB or to respond to all the wise and intelligent comments that some of my notes got.

I just crawled into bed, covered myself up with a heavy blanket, and drifted off to a sweet sleep..... Giving thanks to the kindness of the dishwasher machine, who stayed up late and quietly finished doing the dishes....without a peep....

It is getting somehwat chilly at night here in the Far North part of NZ.
The days are still pleasantly warm.
If the days are very sunny, the house retains much of the heat, as it is well insulated, but if the day is rainy or windy, it is almost time to put the heat on in our home.... But not quite yet...

Today I plan to paint in the studio.
I want to finish the painting that I am working on, before the end of the week.... and maybe even make the sketch for a new one, by early next week.

The sun is shining today and only fluffy light clouds are seen on the horizon... It looks like a wonderful day is at hand....

My mind drifts to think of so many ideas...

I want to sit and write them down,....elaborate about them..... but time feels short in these days before the trip...
And I have to be selective with my priorities now....

Wishing you all a most wonderful day, filled with mindfulness.