The Vibrator.... And the Light....

35 days before our cycling adventure in China.... My random thoughts:

Despite being in NZ for over a week, my body is still on Colorado time.
I wake up at what would be 9am- 10am in Colorado, but it is only 4 am in NZ.
Then I fall asleep again...
Luckily, I am also tired early in the evening, so I fall asleep early and get enough sleep.

It may take a few more days before I am fully adjusted to the time zones.

Today we drive to Auckland.
The weather in the Hokianga, is lovely now, but we already booked this  city break.... And I am looking forwards to it.

Being an artist, I appreciate and delight in ALL art forms.
And this includes cooking.

Yesterday I saw a DVD, with the cooking celebrations of Heston Blumenthal. 
A creative British chef, who orchestrate such elaborate and well thought feast with a central theme.

This  creative chef, has a flare for the dramatic...

His motto, which I adore and adhere to in life as well, is that celebration food, should be FUN.... And exciting..... Full of surprises and mystery....

In one of the episodes, Heston created a Victorian era feast, for his guests.
His dessert, involved a vibrating Glow in the dark Jello....
Because..... Get this....The vibrator, was invented in the Victorian era ,as a medical device....

Believe it or not.......but it is absolutely true.... That Doctors, used to masturbate  their women patients, to "cure" them of a disease called  "Women Hysteria"....

If I needed any MORE proof, not to put my ultimate faith in the limited "science" of medicine... There you have it....

The idea that women are more prone for cyclical moods, because of their monthly cycle, has been cherished in the world and held as absolute truth...

I have met women who told me that they FEEL the URGE to eat red meat..... Flesh... Blood.... At least one day during their period pain...

I always thought about it with amazement...
I rarely run my own emotional urges through my food.

I keep on eating what I believe to be good and wholesome for me, regardless of "moods".

Yes, some women feel different during their cycle.... 

I always saw it NOT as extra aggression, or readiness to unleash anger out unto the world, but as an opportunity to EMPOWER yourself.... 
To use this fire to make empowering choices....

If you feel strong forces inside you, during your period, it is a source of strength that can be utilized to make some positive changes in your life...... Maybe find the guts to apply for the dream job you want... Submit your book to an agent.... Apply for an art show... Or go sit and write down your gut feelings....... so you can honestly see them and reflect on them......  

It is an opportunity to get to know your personality self.... And not just fragments of your personality, as they show up in daily life....

Your cyclical fire, can be used to BETTER your life....

Personally, when I adhere to minimizing caffeine, alcohol and sugary food....(I never eat meat) As well as losing weight.... I found that my periods come and go easily, with less pain, and almost no bloating.

Some months, a night before I get my period, I experience vivid dreams...

They are not always revealing of my own soul and inner process..... Sometimes, these vivid dreams involve world events which are sad and disastrous and they weigh on my heart as I wake up....

Sometimes in them, I argue with my darling husband who did NOTHING to anger me at all... For many months.....

I view it as just a purging of the psyche.... Of letting go of images we store in our subconscious mind's...they merely come to the surface.....

I observe them quietly.... Calm down my emotions.... And it just sorts itself out.

I am remembering now a story that  Paramahansa Yogananda once told...

He mentioned that he woke up one day with a very heavy heart.... 
Filled with images of the World War that was raging at his time..... The killing and bombing.... 
He faced the ugliness of the human race...and felt totally dispirited...

He sat in meditation and a beam of light illuminated his mind...

The light echoed in his ears...."Tell me dear... What does life and death has to do with light?....
The life you see, is NOTHING but a dream...
Light, cannot be born...nor die....
You are LIGHT..."

And he went on to say:  "Be calmly active and actively calm. 

When you think about your mortal life and all your troubles, and identify with them, you do an injustice to the consciousness of God within you. Affirm and realize “I am not a mortal being; I am Spirit....

Everywhere you will see people, good and evil, searching in their own way for happiness. 

No one wants to hurt himself. 

Sins are errors committed under the influence of ignorance, or delusion. But for a different degree of understanding, you might be in the same boat. 
The point is, in everything we do we are seeking happiness. 

No one can truthfully say he is a materialist, because anyone who is seeking happiness is seeking God. 

Therefore, in evil as well as in good, God is coaxing us back to him by our search for happiness.

The greatest sin is ignorance – not to know what life is all about. 

And the greatest virtue is wisdom – to know the meaning and purpose of life and it’s creator (consciousness). 

To know that we are not little human beings, but that we are one with consciousness, is wisdom. 

Every night in sleep, God takes away all your troubles to show you that you are not a mortal being; you are spirit. 

When there is health and joy, smile in the dream. 
When there is a nightmare or sickness or sorrow, say, “I am awake in God, merely watching the play of my life”. 

Dismiss this world appearance of disease and health, sorrow and joy.

Rise above it. 
Become the Self (consciousness). 
Watch (witness) the show of the universe, but do not become absorbed (attached) in it.

Death and darkness cannot cast fear upon us, for we are the very consciousness out of which this universe has been created (imagined) by God (consciousness).

So do not be afraid of anything (since life is a dream - only an appearance in consciousness alone)."


Yogananda has been my personal choice of "Guru", although I have always listen to the guru inside me... Who is guiding me on my own path.... Daily.....

It is time to go and pack for our trip... Just a bathing suit to go into the SPA, a pair of jeans and a jacket and maybe an evening dress... 

Wishing you ALL a blessed day, filled with light.... The light of wisdom....