38 days before our cycling adventure in China.... My random thoughts...

It is steaming and hot, here in the Hokianga.
When the rain eases, it gets steamy like a sauna here....I can visibly see the steam rising from the plants.
I forgot how hot it can get here in the summers...

I went into the studio yesterday...... but maybe I shouldn't have.......the heat, made me do foolish things...

I drew a pattern on the dress of the lady that I am currently painting, and spent many hours, coloring the background around the pattern very carefully...... And in one incoherent, heat stroked moment.... With sweat running into my eyes..... I ruined it all...
Now it will take many hours to fix it...

This steamy heat is doubly uncomfortable, since we just came from Colorado, where the humidity level is so low year round....

The humidity level here now is 94%..... Which makes me wonder ironically, that it would have been no big deal........ if I were a fish...... You just need gills and you can cut the thick air with your fins....

Yesterday, I felt the need to run away... But it also felt so wrong to runaway... When you've just arrived and spent your days opening and cleaning up...

But despite the fact that it does not make good sense we decided to go away..... Four nights in Auckland....

We need groceries that are only available in Auckland... And we can stay in a nice hotel.... Put our diet on hold and dine out... See a movie.... Luxuriate in air conditioning.... Ride out this crazy weather....

My period is almost over....so I can have a sex date with my husband... Eat the lavish buffet at the Langham hotel.... They make dreamy breakfasts also.....

Yesterday I did a survey of our garden.
The vegetable garden has so many weeds,........... I could not even make my way to the compost bin, to add the peels and grind from our morning juices.
It will take many hours to get it into good shape.

Our Fejoia plants, are overflowing with fruit.
Fejoia, is not a very known fruit around the world.
It does not keep so well on supermarket's shelves, but it is very yummy and well known here.

I looked at these plants, and thought about how resilient
Nature is......

More than five years ago, these plants got a disease of white spots and an infestation of bugs that looks almost like cockroaches, who ate all the Fejoia flowers, leaves and fruit.

The gardener told me that we can heavily spray them..... and hope for the best..... Or just cut them down and plant new ones.....
That maybe they are just too old..... To produce healthy fruit ever again....

I decided to trim them back, to allow them to invigorate themselves.

So we pruned them, and they grew back very nicely, but did not produce any fruit for four consecutive years.

This year, they rewarded me with brunches full of big and juicy Fejoias fruit.
Nature does not care about age....
I cut some with a knife, and scooped the creamy center with a tea spoon.

From the top of the property, I sat on the wet grass, and looked at the harbor and the hills around me...

I thought about how the Tao Te Ching says, that we should practice "Non Doing...."

It says:
"Practice Not-Doing, and everything will fall into place..."

The course in Miracle also urges the student, not to think that they need to become perfect, before they can be worthy of happiness, wisdom and blessings... That they need do NOTHING...

It says: " When the light comes at last, into the mind given to contemplation; or when the goal is finally achieved by anyone, it always comes with just one happy realization; "I need do nothing..."

We need do nothing.... Because the journey is already complete....

We already ARE children of the Divine and are already infinitely blessed....
All we need to do......... is realize it... And let go of the wrong ideas about our identity..... About who we are.....

There is nothing we need to DO, to be better than we are...
We are already Love... And Joy and Compassion and Kindness.... We just need to remember who we are.... And what feels good...because it is part of our Nature... And what sucks... Because it goes against our Nature.....

This morning, in bed, with the rain dripping on my window.... Promising another wet day.... I think to myself: "I need do nothing...."
....... And I wonder if it apply to cleaning spider webs also......