This is for the young artists and writers.... or it can be called: "The Tao Of Weed..."

I wrote this note with a glimpse of hope....

But with the understanding that each and every one of us HAS to walk his /her own path...... and will probably not even listen to me anyway....

And it is perfectly OK.....

But still.....
I feel the need to write this, for the younger generation.
Maybe because when I was young and eager to learn, so foolish.... And so experimental......I never read anyone refer to it metaphysically....

In fact, the only ones who said anything, were the moralistic hypocrites who drove from Church/ temple, straight to the prostitute section of town...... Because they filled their heads with moralistic nonsense which holds no ground in the heart and soul of truth.

So now that I am old (ish...) and wise (?.....) I want to share this with my brothers and sisters on the path...

But I do hesitate....

Oh... What the hell, I will just come out and say it....

"If it is enlightenment that you want...
If you want Miracle and magic in your life...
If you want to seriously "fix" your life and let go of your pain...
If you want everlasting inner peace and a sense of safety that transcends the world.....
Stay away from smoking weed and all other intoxicants!"

There I said it!

Ooofff... It actually did not feel so bad.... To be honest....
I actually do not feel like a preacher on a Sunday morning...

Allow me to continue....

I know that the world may seem crazy.
Reality may seem so chaotic and so random.
Events may seem to make no sense.. And nobody seems to be in control of shit...

Evil seem to go unpunished...
Nobody seem to care, or even have enough time to care...
People seem angry and full of greed..... the future seem like a pomegranate full of bad events, ready to burst open....

But it is not so at all....

In fact, the EXACT opposite is true....
But I will NOT get into it here.

I wanted to write about why your mind is currently NOT your best friend, and about the first step you can take to make it a serviceable and indispensable tool.

Maybe later on, you could learn to work with it, for the betterment of your vision and your life's circumstances.

For your mind to become your best friend, you got to learn to know it, like you would a person, that you want to befriend.

You got to learn the ideas that it holds, and the beliefs that it cherishes.
You got to be able to touch the memories that wants you to remember and to deal with them......and you got to be able to notice... and to enter..... the rooms full of clutter that you need to clean up and reorganize in your mind.

You have years of house keeping to do within your mind.

You also got to notice how it operated, process information and generate desires for action.

But for all this to occur, you got to be mindful of the subtlety of it's levels of operation.

You need to be able to notice when your mind "switch gears" from one level of thinking to the next.... When it reaches for old, limiting, or just wrong ideas, and run with them...

When your mind runs with limited ideas into the world, it usually generates fear, anger or frustrations inside you.....

You will never be able to notice all this, if you take any mind altering intoxicants.

You will fall into a false sense of happiness, temporary bliss and shallow levels of understanding half truths.

OK... Now that I said it, allow me to illustrate it....

It is called:
"The Tao of weeds..."

Have you heard this expression before?

It happens when a spark of wisdom and understanding, enters your mind when your are high on pot or alcohol.... when you are all relaxed and receptive to life.... And you contemplate lofty ideas like..... the meaning of life, the illusion of death.....the futility of the pursuit of happiness, the flighty nature of abundance and the source of illness.

It is a moment of recognition of the truth... Like finding a missing piece of a complicated puzzle and putting it victoriously into the unfolding picture before you.

At the moment of the Tao Of Weed insight, you feel so content, so wise, so connected to all things and on top of the world..... You GOT the answers......Only...... you remember NONE of it the next morning.

It can happen in groups also.

The poet and singer Leonard Cohen, called it: "The moments when the Johnny Walker's Wisdom, Running High...."

It happens when you sit with friends in the spirit of camaraderie...
When you pass a joint or share drinks..... and with much humor and laughter, all of you share ideas....

Everyone is good natured, high or stoned........and the group start talking about big and important issues that stand in the center of all things.... And you all feel like you have the power to change the world.... To create the one and only utopia..... right here on earth......to fix all things.....

And when the night is over, everyone leaves hugging and feeling so good....

The next day....... nobody can even remember what it was that you shared.
There are beer cans to clean up, trays of snacks to scrub clean, and fuzzy memories of "what the he'll were we talking about, that felt so damn good?"

All the wisdom of the Tao of Weeds was evaporated....

Reality sets in, and Danny and Johnny go back to remembering that they are unemployed,........ and the rest of them go back to remembering that they have issues with their families, Serge is dying of cancer.... most hate their jobs because they do not get paid well enough, or because they do not maximize their full potential.....

I must admit that I only have vague memories of these times in my life. (all except the sex... For some reason, I remember even the pot generated sex, with guys that I would have never slept with, if I was lucid half the time....)

It has been more than 21 years since I last smoked pot, and I would NEVER pass a single joint through my mouth again.

The main reason for this, is that I do not want my mind to be split any more.

I want one lucid and coherent mind, with a good memory,...... because I have NOT shoved much under the rug of time, without dealing with it.

I want my mind to works WITH me, to bring me happiness and to generate bliss.

Our minds are the creators of our realities.
They generate the ideas that dictates our lives.

When I speak about "A Mind," I do not refer to the brain organ, but to the conglomerate energy that is our combined thinking, feeling, dreaming and creative consciousness, which is intrinsically linked to the Universal mind and to other minds.

I want that mind healthy and lucid and constantly creative.

If you think that you are a good artist when you are high, I can GUARANTEE you that after you clean up and the clouds of pain and confusion will leave you, you will be a CHAMPION of creativity.

I can tell you that with a good and healthy mind.... All things are possible.

Our healthy mind is the colander that filters the good ideas and wonderful opportunities, from the bullshit that tend to keep us in muddy thinking.

I want to be my mind's best friend, for as long as I live....
To allow it to generate fantastic ways to get out of situations and into better ones.

To recognize wonderful people when they cross my path, and to be able to remind me to see the beautiful, the magic and the miracle when they brush against me, as I walk through life....

Merry Christmas to you my dear friends... Happy holidays and blessedly creative times to all... And..... (gosh, I sound like my mother SHOULD have sounded..) stay lucid...


P.S.
I forgot to mention that a beer or a glass of wine (or rice wine), with or without a meal, NOT taken on a regular bases....... is not an intoxicant in my book...

It works like a sleeping pill for me.
I fall asleep right after it.

If I am out, and I have to stay awake... I usually develop a headache.

But I do go through long stretches of time without any alcohol, not even a small amount.

Just thought to add this for the sake of full disclosure and honesty...