I respectfully disagree....

Those who do not live in the USA, may not know her.
Her name is Suze Orman and she gives budgeting and financial advice to people on TV.

My favorite segment of her show, is called "Can I Afford It?"

In it, clueless people call to ask if they can afford something they wish to spend their money on....

First they describe what it is that they really want in their lives,.....
Like a six month cruise around the world, valued at $35,000,
A wrecked old antique car, for $40,000 that one day, they'll fix.
A bottle of wine valued at $2000
Etc...

I use the words 'clueless people,' because if you could REALLY afford it, you'd know it...
And some people are so not even in the range of being able to afford what it is they want..... that It is amazing to watch it,....... and it is a real eye opener, as to how bad choices can derail you financially.

After they express their wishes, Suze questions their motives and gets some details on their situation....

They say things like: "My wife doesn't really want me to buy that old car.... Because I already have 3 other wrecks in the garage, and not enough time to restore them.. So now she thinks that it is a waste of money, to get another one... But I REALLY want it...."


Then comes the part, when Suze asks them to "Show me the money...."
Which basically means...... to tell her how much money they earn, how secure are their jobs, how big is their mortgage, how much do they spend per month on their expenses, how much do they have in savings, what other debts do they have... Etc.

After listening to their financial situation, Suze either says "Approved or DENIED."

I love it when Suze says DENIED....
Not because it was obvious to me from the moment I heard their story, that it will never get approved..... (and I am always happy to be right...)
But because of the WAY Suze says it..... She says it with a huge smile and she stretches the word "Deeeeeeee-nied..."


One of the voices in my head, is the voice of Suze Orman.

Only...... I do not use it often for finances, but in other situations in life.
I used it recently when I felt I was unreasonably being attacked on Facebook.


I will not tire you with the details, but I will say that it felt like talking to a very unreasonable man who holds different ideas than I do, about how to criticize another.

The voice of Suze Orman in my mind, said "Delete him", only it said it like Suze would........."Deeeee-lete"

And I listened to Suze..... And removed him from my friend's list.

I did it because I do not believe you should tell others, how to live, what to write about or not, and definitely do not do so in a derogatory way.... Even if you are SURE that you are right... Share your opinion with RESPECT..... And It is important to remember that it is only YOUR OPINION.

When I chose to share my life on Facebook, I wanted FRIENDS to be around me, not people who hate me, or envy me, or look to degrade me.

The spiritual path is walked by all.
We are brothers and sisters on the path of life and we are on a journey back into our powers and towards remembering who we truly are.

We are all spirits, but the human experience is tough and we may feel insecure.
Some walk ahead, other walk slowly, some refuse to leave home yet...

We all hear different voices inside us, and are guided by different inner guides, who instruct us as to what is right or wrong to say and to do.

I will be honest here and tell you about MY inner voice....

The voice I hear inside of me... Is tired of social pretenses....

Is tired of all of the society's lies....

It has had enough of seeing people lose their hearing as they age, because they have adopted a life long habit of "do not hear what is around you"...

Of people developing cataracts on their eyes, because ALL their lives, they chose not to see what is around them...

Of people getting senile, because their minds cannot handle any longer the contradictions, the lies, the lack of consistency and the pain in their lives, which they never processed.... The alienation from truth and the burden of lies....

Why pretend anyway?
Why is it so important to hide the truth of what happens all the time?

I'd say, if you live a truthful life, from the heart and with honesty....what the fuck do you have to fear?

What can be said about you that is shameful or defaming?........ if you are consistent with who you are always?

You could argue that people can tell lies...
But lies will die soon enough.......
It is like trying to build a strong fire, with bits of dry grass.
You need strong pieces of dry wood, to build a strong fire.

When someone who is reading your poetry or writing, is not offering constructive criticism, or is not emphasizing that it is ONLY HIS OPINION, but only trying to reproach you, I'd say DELETE.

And I did and it felt so good...

Now... I do have a point here... I have a story to tell about respectfully disagreeing with others....

I once had a boyfriend who lived with me.
He had a younger brother with HIV.....

At the time they were not very close.
We lived in Florida, and his brother lived in NY.

One day the brother started acting in the most irrational way...
He was never one to be well balanced and whole, but even for him, he was acting crazy.

My boyfriend asked if we can invite his brother to stay with us in FL.... He needed someone to take care of him badly.

I said yes...... (VERY hesitantly,... But I saw no other way.... I HAD to agree.... It was the humane thing to do.)

So he came over.
My boyfriend, was not mentally and emotionally equipped to handle the situation...
He cringed when his brother wore underwear, instead of shorts, around the pool area and in public.
He judged every little thing his brother did or said.... and it was making the situation unbearable.

I told my boyfriend, to relax.
No harm is done if his brother walks around in his underwear boxer shorts...
Who in society, really cares if he is wearing boxer shorts, and not a bathing suit?
What is the big deal?
Nobody cares ad nobody complained.

The bunch of elderly ladies in the pool, have eyes clouded with cataracts and they do not even remember their own names...

His brother now, was actually making MORE sense to me, than he did when he was considered 'well', but was actually an ex junky and made absolutely no sense to me ever.....

Even though his brother was behaving less pretentious, more honest and open with his feelings, vulnerable and more real, he was erratic and behaving in a manner that reminded me of someone who may be going through a nervous breakdown.

So I suggested going to a doctor.
We found a good clinic and got an emergency appointment with a team of a psychiatrist and a physician.

It was a fancy clinic on Las Olas Boulevard, in Fort Lauderdale Florida.

My terrified boyfriend stayed outside, and I took his brother into the examination room and held his hand as he went through all of the exams and questioning.

After consultation among themselves, me and the brother were invited, to hear the doctor's "verdict"....

At first, the doctor was bland and elusive...
The brother's eyes got wider with lack of understanding, and finally the doctor turned to me, and with some sadness in his eyes, explained, that he was going through the last stages of the deterioration of HIV.
That his brain was now deteriorating.... It was NOT a nervous breakdown and there was nothing they could offer or do... He has only two weeks to live or so.......Maybe they can give him something to calm his nerves, help him sleep better, die quietly.

Silence fell in the room.....
The brother, who was holding my hand, was squeezing it now with terror....
The doctor's eyes were sad and sympathetic....

I heard a voice speak inside of me....
And I voiced it out loud.....

I turned to the brother,...... his eyes were the mirror of death, horror and fear.... and I said: "I respectfully disagree...."

The doctor was stunned... "what do you mean you disagree? I am a trained physician...."

I turned to the brother and pulled him to leave.
I said:

"We must thank the doctor now, for his time and effort, but I respectfully disagree.....
He is JUST giving us HIS OPINION........ He may be a trained physician, but he is NOT GOD... And he cannot tell you that he KNOWS, that you are going to die in two weeks!"

The doctor immediately said that he is not trying to play God, or to discourage us,..... but that they have seen it thousands of times before,....... The spots on the skin... The incoherence... and it is just the 'normal' stages of the disease....

I said that yes... I understand this... But he must remember that we live in a miraculous universe and that miracles can and do happen ALL the time... And we should NOT discount them ...

I said it with SUCH conviction, that the doctor had tears in his eyes... He hugged me when we left, and said that he wished the brother will get better... He also added that he himself, wished he had someone like me in his life also...

The brother was smiling and happy now.... He was actually mumbling to himself... "Yes, a miracle can happen...... I do not HAVE to die..."

We went out of the clinic and sat to eat in an outdoors cafe in Las Olas.
It was a sunny day and a live band was playing jazz.....

The brother recovered, his skin cleared completely and he lived for many years with Dormant HIV, after this.

I do not know if he is still alive.
I separated from that boyfriend about two years later, and kept no contact with him through the years.

So I'd say.... Listen to THE VOICE OF TRUTH inside yourself.... And if it tells you otherwise... Respectfully disagree.....