Ever had one of those morning?



Good morning girl!

Leave me alone! I am on a strike!

Why? What's up?

I do not feel like doing much today.
I am tired of making breakfast every day... Dinners... I just want to stay in bed and eat chocolate and strawberries...

But you do not have a good chocolate at home, nor do you have strawberries...You'll have to get up, dress up, drive to Kerikeri for an hour and a half, shop, drive back, undress and get back to bed to do that....That does not sound like what you want does it now?

No.... Too much effort.... I will be back home by late afternoon...

So what is it that is bothering you?

Everyday it is the same... Get up, make breakfast, eat, talk, clean up, go to paint.......paint for many hours.... Take a shower, write some emails, make dinner, have conversation, clean up.... Read, write or watch a DVD and go to bed.
I am not sure that I like this routine....

Maybe it is your period.....That is messing up your mood?
After all, you KNOW that life could be worst....
You could be sick, struggling, alone or lonely, homeless, poor, working in Wall Mart, or McBurger... You could be smelling people's armpits for a living....

You are crazy!
Coooorrraaazzzy!
Nobody smells people's armpits for a living!

You are wrong girl!
They do.
I can prove it...... and I will add a photo at the end of this rant, after we get you out of bed....

I want to watch cartoons ALL DAY! In bed! Be naughty and unproductive...

OK.... If you want to... But you KNOW you will be bored with it after two hours.... And it is only 9am... What will you do next?

Watch 'Gavin and Stacy'.... 'The Flight of the Concords'....' Ab Fab'.... The Simpsons.....
Comedies all day.

No.... you will not.... You only say it now... But you do not REALLY want it.
You will get bored with it after three hours and you will want to eat something.... Then when you'll stand in front of the fridge, you will want to eat something HEALTHY.... Then you will cut an Avocado, a cucumber, a juicy sweet tomato.... Maybe make a banana smoothy.... Before you know it.... You will want to take a tea to the studio and paint.
Am I right or am I right?

Yes... You are right....

Why do you dislike routine so much?
What is so wrong in settling your mind into your day and into your surroundings?

None of your business....

Ooooo, you are snappy....

Not snappy, just don't care to explain.

You know that without clear communication.... without talking...
Without caring enough to be open and to explain..... nothing gets done?....

I know.... I know...

So where are you stuck girl?

I just do not like routine so much... I feel it does not allow much room for magic and miracles....

But everyday IS different.
There are rainy days... Stormy days... Ski days... Swim days..... Reading days..... Good writing days.... Days when you get art sold, and days where you have had exciting feelings while in the studio...
There are travel days....

Yes... You are right.
It is not wise to look at individual days for their content... But to look at my life as a collection of adventures and misadventures... A journey....

Yes girl! A journey....And every journey starts with brushing your teeth....

I thought every journey started with a first step....

They NEVER mention the important things in philosophical literature....
They never say that you have to FIRST brush your teeth and put on deodorant.... Before you embark on a long journey...... But you do.....

Now, let me show you that photo I've promised you...