About asking for what you REALLY want... Not really.. But I had to call it SOMETHING...

Do you know the famous book called "Everything I really needed to know I learnt in kindergarden?"

Well.... If I wrote my own version of it, I would call it "Everything I really needed to know I learnt through sex...."


Many thousands of years ago, (not really, but I feel old today), when I was a young and searching girl, I had an epiphany.

I realized, that one of the reasons that I was not getting laid with the men of my dreams, was because I was aiming way too low... Not really asking Life to give me what I wanted, but kind of settling for what I thought I could get...

It happened when I was vacationing with my girlfriend, Michel, on the shores of The Sea Of Galilee.

Both of us were young and pretty... Wearing skimpy bikinis and big smiles.
Michel was prettier than Me, with a perfect soft blond hair, beautiful green eyes and the most innocent smile you can find this side of Timbuktu.

A speed boat came to shore and two handsome guys with perfect tans, asked us, if we wanted to come onboard and try waterskiing with them.
I never waterskied before, but being a great swimmer, and an avid sports and outdoors lover, I felt a strong, almost overwhelming urge to learn any new and exciting sports.... Specially when asked by two handsome, tasty guys....

I looked at Michel who was NOT as wild and uninhibited as I was, at the time..... (but she trusted me not to lead us into dangerous situations) to see if she was game.... And saw that she was as excited as I was.

The guys looked innocent enough.... harmless and looking for fun...

So I extended my hand to the owner of the boat, pointed to Michel and said: "Hi, this is my friend Michel, and I am single... sorry.... Tali."

Since it happened thousands of year ago, I do not recall the names of the guys now.
I do remember thinking that one of them, seemed so sexy and cool, while the other seemed more shy..... Maybe looking for a serious girlfriend.

I wanted the sexy one.... I was recently divorced and was not really looking to get involved so soon.

But my first instinct, was to go for the less attractive, more approachable guy, and to leave the handsome one to Michel, who in my eyes, was much prettier than I was.

And then I heard a voice inside me, speak with a bit of frustration in her tone: "Why?......Why not aim for the one that gets your juices flowing? Why settle for second best?"

"Well....., (I answered sensibly), because Michel is prettier than me, and because she is also single and also looking.... and I will feel disappointed if he ended up choosing her over me, so I rather not even try... Not end up disappointed.....And besides, the other guy is NOT really second best... He is very sweet.. And seemed more intelligent than the first guy... Plus he is funnier and more sincere... A much SAFER choice..."


The voice of epiphany was NOT liking my answer at all.
It said to me:
"How are you EVER going to get what you want, if you aim too low?
You know that you are NOT looking for a boyfriend, but are just looking to get laid right?
So why not TRY at least, to get the guy that you want?
Let HIM choose who he finds more fun and attractive....
Do not decide that you are going to fail, BEFORE you even tried....
You are such a silly girl!
Go for what you WANT!
You do not have to wait passively to be chosen...
YOU can choose! And do not be afraid to be disappointed if you'll get a NO."

I looked over at Michel, she did not seem to be having the same inner dialog....She was laughing and having a good time.

I turned my attention to the man I wanted and asked him to give me some pointers about waterskiing.

After a brief introduction and a demonstration by both men, who were fabulous skiers, I decided to try.

It was such a pathetic display of incompetence, and I cringe at the memory, of myself being dragged behind the speeding boat, not able to stand up, looking like a wet and miserable puppy. (Waterskiing never became one of my strong sports...)

But back on the boat, the man I chose wrapped me with a big towel and gave me something warm to drink.
He left his arms wrapped around my shoulders.... And my heart was pounding....
We chatted, and spent the day dining, laughing and sharing stories.

When it was time to drive back into the city, he held me tight against his body.
I felt his penis hard behind the thin layer of his bathing suit, pressing against me, and I felt a sense of joy, that I charmed the man I chose, into asking for my phone number....

Maybe I heard the voice of early epiphany that day.... Urging me to go for what I REALLY wanted, instead of settling for less... But maybe I was just horny....