Just a stupid note, because I am bored, and I do not feel like doing much....

Most single people, yearn to be together with a partner.
And there are millions of good reasons, to be with a gentle soul, that you love dearly and that you get along with.

A togetherness that works, is like a loving, warm cocoon with benefits.

Someone to love and to hold, to go through life with... but.....who also pick up the mail for you, does your laundry, does the dishes, stop the mail and the magazine subscriptions when you go abroad, someone who brings you tea and cook your dinner, answer your phones and book your trips, honor your advice and laugh at your mistakes, adore your art and think that you are as pretty as Angelina Jolie...

Of course everyone knows, that if you do NOT get along, a marriage can be a living nightmare.

Some people prefer being single, to being with a partner.
I must admit that I never liked being a single woman.
I did it, being single I mean, actually for quite a long time, but I really did not like it.

In a week, we will be celebrating 11 years of marriage.
I sit here, in front of my computer, and I reflect on my years as a single woman.
I do have SO MANY memories...

Today, I mostly remember my five years as a single woman in New York City....
The city of “sensual sin”.... (not that I believe in “sin”...of ANY kind..... it is a silly word.... and it evokes in me... something that is beyond forgiveness.)

But I do remember limousines, and Kissing handsome guys in the bathroom of fancy restaurants, bars and clubs, dancing with my hands stretched up, wearing silly tight evening dresses.... Driving to Upstate NY to ski, staying weekends in Vermont in a cosy cabin with a lover....

Oh... the memories.
I am pretty sure it is a “sin”, to think of your days as a single woman, with moist eyes, on the week of your anniversary...

But I do not care.
It is my life to reminisce over, and these are my memories.

Right now, I remember Jean.
I met him at a night club in Manhattan.
He was visiting from Belgium.
He had massive arms, bulging from his t-shirt, and an ever present smile, with raws of white teeth, that were framed in a very kissable mouth.

I liked him right away.
He liked me very much.
But.....
There was only one problem....

It went back MANY years...
Back to my school days.... when I...... fucking fell asleep in the classroom, instead of studying French.

Yes, Jean did not speak a WORD of English.
Which was VERY frustrating.

I am NOT an Anglophile,
But.....
You would think that if he is visiting NYC, he would bring a guide book and learn some charming words....... like: “oh, my darling... (Tali) you are so beautiful.... Can I have your phone number?.......”

But he could say NADA- not a word.
And all I could say, ( beyond: “The Book Is On The Table”,) that actually fitted the situation, was a little forward..... and it came from an 1975 song.......
It went something like this: “Voulez-vous coucher avec moi (ce soir)?”

You may already know me.....
I was NOT so shy... so I did say it.....

He laughed with delight...
And he looked at me with a non- believing smile... and we kept on dancing and kissing.

I did not know enough French to say: “sérieusement, je veux dire" ... (Seriously, I mean it....),

So, the moral of the story, is : “KIDS, STAY IN SCHOOL and LISTEN AT CLASS!!!
You never know when you will NEED the knowledge....”