An Extraordinary Morning

This morning was a special morning.
I made myself a fresh fruit shake, and went to paint in the studio.

My studio is a separated structure, located a few steps from my front door.

As I stood by my studio's door, I was engulfed by tenderness.
I felt as if the day, was grabbing me by the hand, demanding that I notice it.

It was a cloudless day, the sky is so blue... The kind of blue you only get in the remote mountains, in high elevation.

It was not a hot morning, so I sat in the sun, on a wooden bench by my studio, and listened to the day.

It was so quiet.... not a single car was coming or going on the unpaved road.

I could hear some distant birds and a few insects humming.
The wind chimes were composing a soft symphony with the breeze.

The more I sat there, the winds blowing my untied hair, the gentler I grew.

As my hair was caressing my shoulders, I felt a sweet sensuality.
My skin felt warm and my hair, warmed by the sun, smelled so good.

I felt waves of happiness wash over me.

No, I did not get a promotion, got a large commission from a collector, or got any good news... I had nothing to celebrate really.... Except I felt happy just being here.

It was an ordinary morning, filled with my usual morning routine of meditation, an early tea, and the usual emails from clients, friends and family.
Some emails were even sad to read, so I had no particular reason to be so happy....
Except that apparently, happiness does not really need a reason, or an external event.
It was there, and I sat down to observe it and to take it in...

I just sat, enjoying the morning.
I did not wish for anything MORE...
I did not wish to fix things... In my self, or in the world....

I did not dream that the world will be different somehow...

Everything was just perfect as it already is.
All I needed to do, was sit here, and observe it.... and take notice.
And I felt content and my heart was bubbling with joy.

Just an ordinary morning, turned extraordinary.