A story about a true teacher.

My friend Rajpal, posted this post:

"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back..
Life takes the exams first, and then teaches the lessons"

So I reflected and wrote back to Rajpal:

MMmmmm..... Interesting.

I was never very good at exams....
This is true!
I got too nervous and wanted to perform so much, that I forgot all my knowledge....

You want to hear a true story? one that is NOT related AT ALL to the philosophy you present here?

It takes place in my high school - The Final Exams.
I was NOT a "good" student in school.
I missed many classes,
NEVER did my homework,
did not even buy the books...
had only one notebook for ALL the subjects.

So how did I learn ANYTHING?
I listened very attentively in class.
When I was FULLY present, the information stayed in my mind.

Anyway,
It was in the final examinations that my miracle happened...

I was taking a Bible exam (I hated the Old Testament... it is just SO OLD....)
The question was about: "What names appeared in the Bible in what chronological order?"

Now, how much more stupid a question can get?
I was so frustrated...
I mean, come on, what wisdom this could present to me in life?

How is it going to teach me anything about God? about life? about my place in creation?

There were 50 names and you had to put them in the "right" order.

Well dear,
Another teacher of mine came in.
She, for some reason, really liked me.
She liked my spirit and mind.

So she came in and she said that she had an important personal message to give to Tali.
Something from home that cannot wait.

She walked to the back of the class (I always sat at the back of the class...)

And she handed me a note.
It said:

"Dear Tali,
What stupid questions you must be looking at...

And to think that this is what we will be sending you into the world with.... great tools for a young woman hey?

Anyway, I am giving you the answer to the MOST stupid question of them all - the chronological names question.... just to save you time....

If you can, and you are SURE that you will NOT get caught, give it to your friends as well..."


I NEVER told this story to anyone and was only able to give the answer to two other students.
I did NOT speak to them about it afterwards and did not thank the teacher either.

It was an unspoken understanding between her and me, that any further speaking about it, could lead to her loss of job..

So, I said my gratitude in silent.
I love her for being a TRUE teacher.