Money, money, money- its a rich man's world!

This is a story that was sent to me by my dear friend Rajpal.

Below this story, is a small part of a “conversation” that I had with my friend’s Luke Prater.


I would love to hear your thoughts about this subject and to start a dialog.



The Obedient Wife


There was a man who had worked all his life, had saved all of his money, and was a real "miser" when it came to his money.


Just before he died, he said to his wife..."When I die, I want you to take all my money and put it in the casket with me. I want to take my money to the afterlife with me."

And so he got his wife to promise him, with all of her heart, that when he died, she would put all of the money into the casket with him.

Well, he died. He was stretched out in the casket, his wife was sitting there - dressed in black, and her friend was sitting next to her. When they finished the ceremony, and just before the undertakers got ready to close the casket, the wife said, "Wait just a moment!"



She had a small metal box with her; she came over with the box and put it in the casket. Then the undertakers locked the casket down and they rolled it away.



So her friend said, "Girl, I know you were not fool enough to put all that money in there with your husband."



The loyal wife replied, "Listen, I cannot go back on my word. I promised him that I was going to put that money into the casket with him."

You mean to tell me you put that money in the casket with him!?!?!?"

"I sure did," said the wife.

"I got it all together, put it into my account, and wrote him a check.... If he can cash it, then he can spend it."


Dear Luke,

I have been contemplating my answer to you.

I do NOT take words lightly.


I weigh them like gold coins and utter only the ones that “feel” truthful.


Sometimes, they do not feel like the ultimate truth, this is OK for me, as long as they feel truthful at the moment.


So why is it so hard for me to write the truth?

Because it has so many levels, like an onion that is cut open.


My first reaction is to write a simple answer: “NO, we do not work for Dell- would not work for Dell if you paid me- paid me good money!”


So how can I afford to give away a Dell lap top?

Very simple- We have one to give.


You know how fast technology is advancing......, we bought a better one and now we have this one to give.- it as simple as this (as everything usually is)


To be even more honest: I do not even like Dell products......


Well, maybe if you were talking working for Apple Computer?...... I am addicted to their products.... No, I still would not work for them either..... even if you paid me gooooood, sweeeet money for my time.


Why?


Because each one of us has her own special gift.

I was not born to work in an office. I do not like the environment.


Don’t like structure.


Do not like the fact that I have to be at an office on “time”, struggle in traffic, lick asses instead of speaking my mind.....


I love the freedom of open ended days....


Of CHANGING my mind.....


Of going to have sushi, or latte, or go for a hike, or go for a swim on a whim.


So what do I do?


I paint..... long hours of painting in front of my easel


I write.... sometimes I write poetry, but mostly I write what is on my mind......


So How do we “make” money?


We are in the flow.


It seems like despite my silly complains and short sighted worries, in the past, we have always been in the FLOW. ... always been guided.... assisted.........more than that- we cannot do anything wrong.....


We (Jules and I) bought and sold houses exactly at the “right” time..... timing.... ?


We invested the money in the “right” investment opportunities.


We also do not send the Universe confused messages.


We said it to ourselves, we admit it when asked, and we are not ashamed to say that we enjoy money.


It is a form of energy, and as all energy - it is goooooood! God sent.... in fact....


So we can be generous with one another, work in the field that excites us, live calm and wonderful lives.


Not every body “needs” the same amount. If you like to live in rural places- as Jules and I do- You need much less.


Your environment is not a landscape of stores and shops filled with desires (other people taste and desires?)


We need a lovely home, that we love enjoy and think is stunning (to our taste)...


We need simple fresh food....., art supplies....., money to travel........, to pay all of our bills in ease..... in gratitude....., to buy all that we need AND all that we desire.....

the rest is gravy- we have that too......


I got this funny “riddle from my friend Rajpal:” If money doesn’t grow on trees then why

banks have branches?