About finding your diaphragm.

Dear Lisa Jane (and to all my friends)

You say that you do your “Morning Pages”......
You say it, as if I SHOULD know what it mean.....
And funnily enough,
I do.

The Artist’s Way,..... had paved MY way.
And Julia Cameron,
Has been my teacher.
A blond, curly hair she has.

A wicked sense of humor.... too.

Did you know that she says “Fuck” a LOT?

It is true!
She says it CONSTANTLY.
I once was offended,
by her openness.

I was so closed up,
So frozen inside.....
A dry prune really.....

But she released me.
She told me of her love affairs
with men AND women.
She told me of her broken marriages,
Her craziness...
Her art.

She gave me permission to remember my own past...
To love myself
and all the crazy shit I did.

Her eyes were ALWAYS sad...
But with a glint.... small flashes of light.....a spark.

I told her that I meditate A LOT!

And she said: “STOP!
You WANT to FEEL it!
Don’t MEDICATE IT!”

I said defensively: “I didn’t say MEDICATE...
I said MEDITATE....”

She said: “YOU are NOT hearing me girl!
DON’T MEDICATE your pain with meditation.....

It is EASY for you to close your eyes.....
And to let the world disappear.....

But when you open up your eyes again,
You are back in the world you do not like...

So, change it girl!
FEEL IT!

Write about it... at least 2-3 pages a day.
Paint it...
Walk in nature DAILY .... and ALONE!!!!!!

Do an artist’s date.
Be PLAYFUL,
FOOLISH....
Unpredictable... FUN....

Give yourself permission to wear sexy underwear.”
(I never took her advice on this... I hate thongs....)

She does not teach any more.
She gave up, trying to save the world.

She said she wanted to do musicals.
To write and maybe to sing...

She said singing helps her...
She said she found her diaphragm...

NOT the one she puts in her handbag,
Incase she meets a hunk....

But the one you use for SINGING!!!

I did NOT remember this story...
Until Peter Cline,
My most beloved,
Told me he found HIS diaphragm.

He said: “When I am in my diaphragm, I love to sing.
It makes me cry.....”