Trip to Japan

We are on a remote mountain in Japan, grateful to have internet in the hotel's lobby.
We just had a dinner of handmade noodles with wild mushrooms in a yummy broth.

Last time I was in Japan it was 2001.
I remember being served a Kaiseki meal in a Ryokan,(traditional style inn) wrapped in a house kimono, while on TV, the Japanese announcer was freaking out in panic, as the world trade center's towers were crumbling to the ground.

"Boys Festival" is celebrated in Japan on the month of May (now).
They have long baloons in the shape of carp fish.

The carp is used as a symbol of progress and life, as it is said to be battling upstream for most of his life - much like some boys that I personaly know.

Let me start by saying that JUST by inventing the heated toilet seat, Japan has already contributed MORE than its fair share to humanity.

If you need more reasons to love this beautiful place and its people, it will require a slow stroll in a quaint village with an open heart and a desire to observe.

As you walk trough the narrow lanes, you may notice old ladies brushing a small front patio with love and devotion, old men gently removing dried leaves from a small potted planter.

I live in a culture where people live in larger homes and have no time to enjoy them. .

They hire maids to clean them and NEVER take the time to remove dry leaves from a flower.

Nothing on this earth comes closer to paradise than soaking naked in a hot spring outdoors bath.

The moon and the lights are dancing on the rocks and the shadows create imaginary figures in the mind of an artist, while her body is melting away into emptiness.

The first thing I’ve noticed is that EVERYBODY is saying hello to me, as if I am royalty with a day pack.
Some thank me for coming to Japan; almost nobody passes without saying “good day.”

I met a man who thanked me a dozen times for petting his dog.
He was so grateful to me for paying attention to his dog - sweet.