A letter to a suffering friend

“Let me start by sincerely apologizing for misspelling your name.
I could practically see you saying: “who the fuck does she think she is to presume to offer help and understand my pain- some friend she is, she can’t even spell my name correctly.”

But we have not bumped into one another in the street, nor did we crossed isles in the supermarket.
We connected on FB via spirit.

The same spirit that you refuse to believe can heal you.

It is no accident that I was guided to offer friendship Michael,
that he accepted me
that I saw your comment on his photo album,
laughed so hard,
I had to bring you into my life.

I need laughter in my life.

You are sitting there in Europe hurting, but still sending your humor to the world.

You see dear, if you really wanted to keep living with your pain, you would not have reached out to me.

You would have not sent me all those emails, telling me about your pain, your life, your parents, your lack of hope.

If you really had no hope- you wouldn’t have reached out to a “stranger” on Facebook.

But you did it because you recognized that I am NOT A STRANGER to you.

You said yourself your parents were severely traumatized by what happened to their families in WWII - almost all were gassed in Polish concentration camps.

That you were the oldest child and had to "hold the candle." - and YES, I am familiar with this term, but in a much deeper sense than you currently hold.

You were left to “hold the candle”- do you know what this REALLY mean my darling?

They have entrusted you with holding the candle outstretched so our ship of love and healing will finally find you.

You have been standing on the shore of the ocean of pain, my love, far too long.

Isn’t it time to come aboard?