Kinegawa- Japanese for “Ogre Angry River”

In the land of a thousand Samurais,
On the bank of an angry river,
I have found my rest

While soaking in an outdoors bath
I have heard a voice
Encouraging me to soar.

It said:
“Forget your Buddhist misconceptions,
You don’t have to wait by the door
For all humanity to pass through,
Before you gain enlightment.

Let go of all the images
You hold against the world,
You hold against yourself.

You are NOT the roles you carry in this life.
You are NOT a body
NOT a wife
Not a woman
Not a daughter
Not an artist
Not a female
Not a Kiwi
Not an American
Not an Israeli
Not a Christian
Not a Jew
Not a Muslim
Not a Hindu
Not white or black or brown.
You are NOT angry or happy or sad.

You are not any of these labels

YOU ARE FREE!!!!"

Sitting outdoors,
In a bubbling hot springs,
On the banks of an angry river,
I have found the courage to believe.

And I was FREE!

Joy was forming in my tummy
And bursting out of me
The green mountains rising up the river,
Could not contain me
I have soared above them
Unbound.

Then the clock turned 7:30 am
And it was breakfast time.