God- Possessions- pleasure and random reflection on this subject

Common Eastern religion belief, has it that in order for humans to understand God, they need to rid themselves of earthly possessions and desired for material goods.

I want to present an opposite thought inspired by a late night Simpsons dvd watching.

In this episode, Homer Simpson is getting intoxicated by eating extremely hot chillies in a chilly cookout.

He wander into the desert and has visions of a Coyote God speaking to him:
“So, do you want me to give up all of my possessions?” - ask Homer.

“Heck NO!” says God, “If anything, you SHOULD get MORE possessions.
You don’t even have a computer”.

After I stopped laughing, I felt a sense of warmth and comfort that always engulfs me when I hear the truth.

I always believed that God is a LOVER and NOT a disciplinarian.
He want to come into our heart to love and enrich us so we can open up.
Not to terrify us so he can control us as puppets to “save his people”.