Mom, I ain't gonna grieve for you no more.

Pain you’ve been my company as I’ve walked along your shore
Mom, I ain’t gonna grieve for you no more.
I’ve shed so many tears when you were sore
When you were ill or wrong or weak and hurting to the core.
Mom, I ain’t gonna grieve for you no more.

Everyone fears death and pain and lack
but I am sick of hunching and pretending I’m a duck
Pretending that I need the fish, the food the muck
When I know I am a soaring eagle, wanting nothing from the pack.

I could live atop a snowy mountain range
Where rivers runs amok, it ain’t that strange
I select the memories I choose to live with, at my age
Mom, I ain’t gonna grieve for you no more- I‘ve open up the cage.

Saying "Mom" brings fuzzy memories to most
But I am still fighting all your ghosts
One day I'll be too tired to remember all the worst
I'll look upon my pain and tell it to get lost!