Laundry

Inspired by a FB friend, Lyn Hurring, who collected a dozen funny comments about doing the laundry, I thought to share this with others who may wonder how to get out of EVER doing the laundry:


It is actually a complicated plan that took me years to complete.

I am notorious for not liking to read instruction booklets and manuals.
Jules is the opposite of me.
He LOVES instructions.

He scrutinize manuals as if they were modern day bibles.
(You can’t imagine his delight when his favorite restaurant in Auckland came up with an instruction sheet on how to eat their nori rolls and onigiri- no kidding, I only tell the truth).

So… after establishing myself as an impatient person for manuals, our washing machine finally broke beyond repair.
I suggested that we buy a new washer & dryer of the highest quality (part of the plan, please read on..)

When they’ve arrived, Jules who LOVES toys and gear of any kind, acted like a kid in a candy store.
He got annoyed with me for refusing to read (and memorize?) the manual from front to back, and to avoid an escalating fight, dismissed me from laundry duty.

I have been cruising ever since…

Now I compliment him on how clean and crisp my clothes are, about how neatly he folds and hang them in my closet, how wonderfully he spot clean persisting stains- and he truly does! (it is easier to compliment than to do the laundry).

So this is my story and I am sticking to it!