Diversity

Inspired by Lindsay Evans, a great sculptor who lives in my town and writes daily three observations, I'll write my observations from my weekend in Auckland:

1) On Friday night on Queen street, there were plenty of preachers and evangelists but not enough transvestite for my taste.

2) There were plenty of musicians setting stage in the doorways of closed banks, but not enough transvestites for my taste.

3) There were plenty of cute Asian girls sipping bubble tea, but not enough transvestites for my taste.

You see, what is wrong with the world is that people wants conformation that they walk the right path.
They want other people to be like them,
to think like them,
to believe like them,
to feel like them.

Heck, I don't want people to be like me.
I want diversity!!!

All I'm saying is: "bring me your musicians and your artists, your poets and your whores.
What makes a city great is its diversity.
The way the colours and the flavours change as you move from one neighborhood to another.

A diverse city is much like a musical composition in which variation in tempo and contrasting movements follow one another to create a great concerto.