Hell's gates

When we bought the house in rocky Colorado,
They told us that we own
The left side of "Hell's Gates".
It is a tall rock formation
That stretches up from the Sweetwater creek.

Maybe it's the black veins that runs down
vertically like ribs, that gave it its name.
It is a large rocky cliff and it is a bit imposing.

I wasn't sure that I like being the guardian
Of the left side of the gates of hell.
What does it actually entails?
Do I need to meet the "sinners" at the gate?

What if I am away on a trip?
Do I need to encourage them?
To help to register them?
To play to them a sweet song?

What if I do not believe in sinners?
What if I do not believe in hell?
To me, hell only exists in the minds of men.
In not knowing the sweetness of spirit
Not being aware that it is all just a dream
The whole physical realm- just a dream.