Self Doubts

Yesterday I saw a documentary about yoga.
In it, a yogi was practicing protestation.
He did not simply prostrated himself on the ground, got up and did it again- every time he laid flat on the ground, he took a stone from a pile he had by his feet and placed it in a new pile in front of his head. He did this thousands of times.

His aim was to go beyond the questioning mind, beyond its self doubts and to experience total devotion.

While watching him, I thought how wonderful it would be if I was able to cultivate half of his devotion and commitment skills.
I constantly doubt myself and my actions.
When I start a new art project, I am excited and energetic, then I look at the body of work that is starting to accumulate and start second guessing myself, the need to continue with it and my devotion to it.

Many times I will continue with the project and carry it to completion, but I do feel weakened by my self doubts.