Orchid Fever



I framed, packed and shipped a painting to a collector today.
I also worked on editing the images of the now completed art project for my art collector from Florida.

On another note, I have just finished reading a book about orchids. It is a non-fiction work describing the intricate world of orchid's collectors, growers, researches, filled with tales of smuggling, armed crime and enthusiasts.
I have learned so much about orchids in the process.

Have you ever known that some orchids change their scent during the day?
Two examples that comes to mind is an orchid that smells like "Lilly of the valley" by day and like butter cookies by night.
The other orchid smells like menthol by mid morning and emits a scent similar to cinnamon rolls by the afternoon.
The scent of an orchid is a complex mix of more than 150 different chemical components.

If you want to read the book it is called "Orchid Fever" by Eric Hansen