The landscape of Israel



Yesterday was a very productive day in the studio.
I was asked by an art collector to make some sketches for a proposal of 12 large oil paintings of the landscape of the Golan and Galilee in Northern Israel.
Instead of making sketches with pencil, ink or watercolors, I decided to do small paintings in thick oils.
This will be easier to photograph, place in the proposal, and later on, frame and sell as individual paintings.
There was always a very good reception of my landscapes in oils.

I printed photographs of this part of Israel which is known to resemble Tuscany.
It got similar visual elements with the farm fields, the cypress trees, the rolling hills and mountains and it has the same glorious Mediterranean sun.

I set up a large table in my studio and spread on it my large tubes of oil, my brushes and knifes. I decided to paint on small triple primed Masonite boards.
They take the thick oil very well and are easy to work with. The oils just glides on them.

Now they are too wet to photograph, but I will add images as soon as they are dry enough to handle.