Mind busy painting....



I have painted in the studio all day.
I am running out of some oil paints and I plan to take the long weekend off.
I have placed a rush order of more oil paints, but it will not arrive before the middle to the end of next week.
But I need the break anyway.
I find that I am planing paintings in my mind all evening, hours after I left the studio.
Even before bed time, I see globs of paints, colors and compositions in my mind's eye.

This weekend we intend to go skiing, to lay around on the sofa, read and basically waste time.
I am not very good at wasting time any more.
I used to be an expert at it, but now I sometimes work for 12 hours a day or more.
Granted, it is a creative and invigorating work, but still it is lovely to have a quiet mind with not much ideas or errands to memorize.