Happy New Year!



Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." -Scott Adams

This sums up some days in the studio.
There are days that it feels like one cannot do anything right.
A line that seems so easy, is taking a wrong shape as the hand quiver.
A color that looks right on the palette, seems so wrong on the canvas.
On other days, when I feel more connected, I fix a lot of mistakes that could be fixed.
"Happy accidents" are those mistakes that takes the painting in another or better direction.
I still have a long way to go in loosening control and relaxing into the process.
The "Artist's Sketchbook" series is a great tool for me to do just that.
I leave the mistakes, doodle over them or simply cross them over and go to another part of the canvas and try again.