Working on a commissioned piece.

I am still in the process of getting adjusted to the new time zone, here in Colorado.
But I am up and around and doing things.
I spent some time in the studio working on a commissioned piece yesterday.
I like how it is progressing.
There is something very intimate about painting a commissioned piece of art.
There is the fact that the piece has a waiting home mixed a little with the client's taste, that make the process of creating it, easier.
There is much less self doubting involved.

Yesterday night we watched a documentary series about contemporary art in America.
It was inspiring to listed to living artist talk about their process, about their art, about the art world and to take in their different views.
I always find that listening to other artists who live and deal with the same challenges that I do, but maybe are already further along the path than I am, very inspiring.
They are my path blazers. Doing and demonstrating that it is a possibility.