Live and learn



In the past few days I have not done much beside pack paintings to ship to clients, make receipts and FedEx labels, and update my records.
I am extremely grateful to be busy this way, but today when I had a few hours to spend in the studio, it felt sublime.
I started a new piece in my sketchbook series.
This time, I am changing the order of doing things.
Instead of drawing the grid of the sketchbook on the canvas in ink first, and later doing the charcoal drawings, I started with the charcoal drawing.
I have done this so I can spray the charcoal with fixative to prevent the smudging of the pencil and charcoal.
If I spray after I have the grid, the ink runs.
Live and learn.

I am moving into a marketing mode, applying for summer shows and researching my options.
I have also started to prepare my end of the year card to my clients.
This is a long task since I have a mailing list of 750 collectors.