Art shows

Looking outside my window, it looks like a giant hand is shaking the trees violently.
It is not only windy but also raining and cool.
I spend the day on the sofa reading a book about art marketing- my biggest challenge.
After years of working in the studio, I am at the point that creating art is mostly a fluid activity filled with self exploration.
But marketing art is still an enigma for me.
I haven't done any art shows across America for over three years (maybe four) and I had no chances of showing my new style to the public outside the few shows in NZ.
I am a bit itchy to see how people will respond to my new art, to hear the people on the street talking.
I decided to apply to some art shows this coming year. Even if I will do only a few in the summer.
On one hand I am excited about showing my new art, on the other hand, I realize that I am going back to the art shows at the point in time in which America is at its lowest economical state since the depression.
Will I be able to create my own reality as I have done so many times in the past, regardless of what is going on in the world around us?
Only time will tell.