Welcoming the rain

The rain woke me up in the middle of the night.
It is a rare and welcomed occasion in our area to have a torrential downpour.
The wild vegetation and the trees are finally getting the nourishment that they need.
The rain also cleanse the air and charge it with fresh ions which smell so good... well as good as mountains and wild herbs do after a fresh rain.
The vegetation on the Colorado river’s banks are turning colors into golden tones.
You can spot some bright yellows as well as a vast range from golden to deep bronze.
I wonder if it has an influence on my art.
I noticed in the last few days that I am drawn to a certain blue and a certain green.
I wonder if I am countering the colors of the changing season.
Today I shipped a painting to a client and spent some time cleaning our house.