Trip to Denmark

We were greeted this morning with a heavy rain.
The sky looked so dark, we decided to change our plans to cycle around the island of Aero.
Instead, we took the local bus to the town of Marstal which is the largest town on this tiny island.

We strolled the colorful streets, had lunch at a modern cafe', bought me a new pair of sunglasses (I broke my good pair) and a fabulous pair of gumboots.
Gumboots are a utilitarian item that I wear while walking on our property's muddy hills, typical of New Zealand.
Usually they are black and ugly.
These were stylish red with stripes of white and black and I couldn't resist them.

Tomorrow we take the ferry back to Svenborg and then the train to Copenhagen.

I loved this little island, especially the ice cream store that served fresh berry sorbet topped with my beloved childhood candy - KremBo - (Jules tells me in is called "Mallomars" in the USA)
I loved the whole trip we had in Denmark.