The start of a long wekend

I decided to give myself a long weekend starting with today.
I rested all day, read a book, watched a movie, meditated and reflected.

Sometimes rest and reflection are as important to me as creating.
When I read about artists who say that they work everyday, never take a vacation, I wonder what compels them to do so, to avoid life in favor of their art.
I value my rest days just as much as my creative days.

I value my art tremendously. It is the center of my earthly life, but still I do not view creating it as starting and ending in the studio in front of the canvas.

You take in life by viewing it in and around you.
You process it by reflecting and meditating on it, by taking it in and living it.
You create art that expresses your impression of the life around you with symbols and paints.