The plight of the Palestinians

I love reading.
I recently started reading memoir books written by Palestinians that grew up in Israel around the same time that I grew up there.
It is fascinating, sad and heart touching to read their stories.
It is like looking at the other side of the mirror.
I believe it makes us more tolerant and sensitive when we open up to understand the plight of another.

As a child growing up with a father that got seriously injured in the six days war, and living in a country plagued by war and terrorism, I really did not take deeply in, the misery and terrifying journey that the Palestinians people has gone through.
I was too involved with my own culture fear and paranoia real or imagined.

Not to say that I was oblivion to their misery.
I did work with some while I own my restaurant, hearing their stories, helping to provide them housing, even dating a Palestinian man for a short time, but only now when my existence is so peaceful and quiet, can I truly reflect on the sad reality they endured.