Drawing in the studio

Finally I painted in the studio today.
I started the day by drawing the sketchbook lines and proceeded to draw two heavy set religious women.
One of the ladies is washing the other’s back with a wash cloth.

This is a scene that I have seem many times in my life all over the world.
In Israel there are area of the beach that is reserved for religious people ( at least this is how it was many years ago when I lived there). Men and women bathe separately and it is not uncommon to see ladies with head covers wash one another’s back, chat and picnic on the beach.

I also saw this in Japan in many of the Onsen (hot springs), where daughters rub the backs of an elderly mother or just friends wash one another’s unreachable areas.

I also saw it frequently at the hot springs in Glenwood Springs, which draws a large Amish population.

This scene is dear to my heart. I found the composition in a drawing book.
I had hopes of finding an evening figure drawing class/ group in our area, even an hour's drive away, but was unsuccessful.
For now, I will be using photographs I take of people in action, or drawing books.

I know there is a lot of confusion about copyrights for the artists that publish their work in print or on the internet, but these are instructional drawing books and I am not photocopying or distributing their images. In fact, by the time I am done with my version of the drawing, it does not resemble the drawing exercise at all.
Beside, these drawings are meant to instruct the buyer in the art of drawing through the use of drawing exercises and practice.