Domestic bliss



It was slow going in the studio today.
But any kind of going is good.
I started by adding color to simulate water around the ladies and later added free range chickens and a funny hybrid car that runs on love.
I added a Big Mac Burger to suggest that you should rethink your food choices.
To give the scene a loving domestic farm feel, I added a horse and a house.
Still a lot more to go, but an enjoyable start.

I woke up this morning feeling that maybe I would have been better off if I did not have this burning desire to paint and to be an artist.
I could have chosen so many careers that generate a great income.
But then my mind reasoned, “Does a great income make a foundation for choosing a life?”
What about purpose? meaning? evoking change?
Does making a good living (meaning a highly paid career) really mean having a good/ better life?
Beside, there is great money to be made in the arts, as demonstrated by many very successful artists.

Another argument my monkey mind gave is, “How much is enough?”
By many definitions, I already have enough and the desire for more is just another movement of the ego that pushes me to believe that just a little more and true happiness is reached.
A little more success, a little more money, a little more recognition, etc.
But the ego’s plan for happiness can never succeed.
It is based on a false premise that happiness is to be found in things and places.