All Sold



The good news is that I received the following email from the Auckland art show in my inbox:

Dear Tali Landsman,

Thank you for entering The 2008 Original Art Sale.

We are pleased to advise that all of the artworks you sent in for the sale have been sold.
You will receive a cheque within the next 2 weeks.

Congratulations on this great result and we hope to see artwork from you in next year’s event.

Kind regards,
Richard Jeffery
Director

All the paintings that sold are from the new series that I am working on, “The Artist’s Sketchbook”.
You can imagine my delight that the first time I have shown this new series, it had such a great reception.

I wish I had more opportunities to show this work in front of a large audience.

Today in the studio I started a new sketch.
I intended to practice drawing the muscle structure of a male figure.
The drawing is of a man with his forearm resting on his head which is tilted backwards.

As it always does when I am starting a new sketch, the first few lines do not look like they will ever make a decent figure.
It looks like a collection of loose lines that have been drawn and redrawn.
Only when I start to add the shadow values does it start to resemble a man.

But I love the challenge of standing in front of the canvas, drawing and erasing dozens of times, seeing my inner process, my determination and my commitment arise, seeing how if I persevere, things finally take shape.