Wide appeal?

Today felt like a very productive day.
In the morning, I updated my website with more images of art.
In the studio I continued working on the painting “White Bait” and got to a point in which it feels finished.
I may go back to it later and work on it some more if I see a need.

It seems like the paintings are taking more or less the same time to create. I mostly finish a painting in four days if I do not encounter too much inner criticism or problems.
If I do, It can take more than a week to get the painting to a point that feels good to me.
But I never care how long it takes to work on a painting, I simply note that in my mind.

Jules came to the studio to do an inventory count for the year end tax reports.
We counted all the raw canvases, paints and the finished canvases. (that have not found an adopted home yet.)

I spent the rest of the day preparing the first layers of paint for the squiggly style.
We also place an additional order of paints that we will need to complete this style.

Sending my Artist’s Sketchbook series to the shows, will be the first time I will be showing them in public. I hope they get a good reception.
I will not know how people responded to them, since we will be in the USA at the time of the show, but if they come back with the courier, it means that they have not found a new home.

Jules tells me not to care if my art sell at a particular show or not. He says that there are so many variants to the event that it is not an indicator of how good the art is.
He constantly say that the art he admires most is very unapproachable and does not have a wide appeal.
I do agree with what he says, but secretly I hope they will sell.