Singapore - first day

We enjoyed our first day in Singapore.
We started the day by swimming at the large pool of the Mandarin Oriental hotel.
We decided to explore the city by neighborhoods.
The first area we chose to explore was the Arab section of town.
Small narrow walking paths and one way streets line this compact neighborhood filled with shops selling fabrics, carpets and gifts.
We ate at a Lebanese restaurant a selection of Mezze vegetarian appetizers and drank a concoction of hibiscus petals.
We bought some lacquer ware for our home made from thin wood and covered with a coating of resin from the lacquer tree.

We browsed at a Sufi bookstore and bought some books we will enjoy reading.
In the afternoon we ate a snack of vegetarian Indian food and fresh squeezed juices.

Later in the evening we looked for brochures and advertisements for art exhibits around town. As I looked at some of the abstract art in the brochure, I felt self doubts overwhelming me.

The voice inside suggested that I might enjoy working in these styles of painting.
So impersonal, so easy on the eyes, so pleasing in its simplicity.
It asked: "Must I expose my soul to the world and its harsh eyes?"
"Must I pour my fears, guts, doubts, dreams, hopes, as I do in the series of the Artist's sketchbook?"
The result is definitely not decorative neither does it have a wide appeal, but it is where I am at and I have many more years of creating art in me.