Resting pose

This weekend the weather turned colder and the rain started coming down.
Now it feel like autumn has arrived to the Far North of NZ.

After breakfast of brown rice with cut fresh vegetables, I sat down for coffee, chocolate biscotti and a conversation with Jules.
We spoke about the concept of exhibiting art in galleries that do not get much traffic. (Galleries that are not located in big cities but rather in small remote villages), about how it can effect the artist spirit to get no interest, not even lookers.
We talked about the positive aspects of being a part of an art community and the down side of having your art not accepted or liked in this community.
Finally I felt I would be feeling better if I immerse myself in the work.

Up the hill in the studio I continued painting the piece I think I will name “Resting Pose”.
I added images and painted a bright orange field around the figure with strong wild arm movements.
I really put some energy into it.
I did all the doodling in red ink which has another effect than the black or even the multi colors.