Packing some art

Today things did not go my way.
I started the day by reworking one of the paintings from the sketchbook series.
I did not like how my attempt at “improving” the piece, so I left it to rest for now.

Because of my failure to fix the piece, I did not feel confident to start a new painting.
There are days that do not go well and I find it best not to be too ambitious, or push myself to create or I will end up with a painting that I am not inspired to continue.

Instead we continued packing the paintings.
It is so complicated to find your way in a new country.
In the USA I know exactly where to buy and order everything.
I know the best ways to ship my art, the way the system works and how to get the best rates.
Here in NZ we are making our way like a blind person feeling the air in front of him by waving his hands at the blank space ahead.

Numerous phone calls later and countless internet searches and we ended up with three paintings packed only.

I will continue to pack some more on Friday.