Local art exhibit

This morning we decided that we need to show some support for our artists friends in the community by visiting the exhibit that is closing in a week at our local gallery.
Lindsay Evans is doing beautiful sculptures with found wood, copper, milk paint, gauze and plaster.
We really enjoyed seeing his work.
It also looks very collectable and pleasing.
We wish him great success in his art career.

We headed to our local cafe’ for soy latte and biscotti.
We sat by the rising tides and had a lovely conversation.

Our little town is filled with artists, potters, wood carvers, photographers, writers, poets, musicians and creative people.
It seems that everywhere you look, there are artists engage with their art or craft.
When we walked up the hill, we noticed a painter through her studio’s window quietly working away on a large canvas.

Up on the hill in my studio I continued working on my new painting “White Bait”.
Apparently now is the season, as our local cafe’ is offering a dish of white bait patty.
I added a whimsical octopus, an old plane, a fish, a star fish and a blue and pink crab.
I listen to the new Bob Dylan CD and the painting just flowed effortlessly with no inner criticism or self doubts.

By the end of the day I continued working on the “Unnerving To A Frugalist” series.
It is a very messy process that involves a lot of cleaning.
I now know why I stopped painting in this style. It does guzzle up so much paint that it almost make the painting unprofitable.
I am not sure why I am reviving this style again, beside the fact that it looks great, it radiate happiness and fun and it seems to sell well.