Life gets in the way

I am sure that other artists find that “life” gets in the way of creating art.
But how can we create art if we do not allow life with all its distractions to shape our lives?

We always tell ourselves that it will get easier after we completed renovating and moving into our new house.
We say that we will find more free time to go cycling, kayaking and of course spend more quiet time in the studio creating art.

I know that I have been painting regularly and with the time spent in the studio, creating new paintings and connecting with my creative side on deeper and deeper levels.

I have been allowing layers of fears and self doubts to surface and be healed.
I have been honest and direct with the sketchbook series and despite the fact that it looks like so much fun and “easy” to make, I have been painting with my guts more often than with paint.

It is the continuity of ideas in my mind that I miss in these busy times.
When decisions needs to be made, I get too focused on the projects at hand and neglect dreaming about my paintings.
I love getting lost in the art.
It feels like getting lost in a fairy tale.
Where the creatures and the doodling take on life of their own and I find myself thinking about them in the evening, long after I left the studio, showered and ate.