Large Feet

We got the delivery of our new kitchen today.
The lean and strong guys brought up our long flight of stairs more than fifty heavy boxes. (with the help of Jules that insisted on carrying boxes way too heavy.)
Tomorrow the installation of the kitchen starts.
I can’t wait to see how it is going to look when they are finished.

In the studio, I continued working on “Resting Pose”.
I played with the canvas as if it is a scrap of found paper.
I played games on it and mindlessly drew shapes and colorful lines through the painting.

Towards evening, while waiting for the delivery of the kitchen, I decided to start a new painting.
I drew a man sitting on a chair. But instead of trying to render correct proportions, I wanted to portray his feet which are closer to the viewer than his face, much larger.

It didn’t quite go according to plan, but I always make loose plans anyway.
Instead of using carefully drawn lines that follow the contour of his body, my hand wanted coarse, restated lines.

Eventually I surrender and allowed my hand to do as it pleases.
His figures comes out of a scribble lines in pencil and his feet and legs are so very large.
Now I have something confused, strong and good to work with.