Fire and art

I took advantage of the cloudy day and started a fire in our old concrete tank that we converted into a self contained fire pit in which to burn branches and yard scraps.

Here in the Far North, there is no collection of yard scraps.
We have to find days when the risk of starting a bush fire is low and burn our own garden scraps.

I also finished the last of the paintings that I submitted to the exhibitions and continued to pack the art.
I have packed today 14 paintings and feel very tired having doing so.

I had to revive my tired body with three chocolate biscotti and a soy latte’.

It felt good to be putting so much of the prep work for the shows out of my mind.
I usually feel nervous if I leave too much work undone before we depart to the USA.
I like to get things done way ahead of departure time.

We are leaving for a week long trip to Singapore this coming Sunday.
I look forward to this vacation.
I yearn for a bit of leisure time and luxury.
I look forward to strolling the streets of a city with no agenda but to find things to see, eat or drink.
It would be nice to have nothing to do but have fun.

Tonight after work we headed to our local cafe’ for dinner.
They are open once a week for dinner and we had a nice dinner of salads, veggies and Guinness beers.
Many of the locals showed up for their evening meal and the room of the Waterline Cafe’ got filled with the joyful energy of friends and neighbors chatting, catching up and the sweet melody of laughter.