Back in the studio

How much fun it is to paint again.
After a week long fiddling with the kitchen installation, I was back in the studio to paint.

Jules came to the studio to help with the preparation of the paintings for the shows and he did a great job at the first stage of tagging and packing the art.

I started a new canvas with a new goal. I decided to make a few quick drawings, no more than five minutes each.
To make matter more challenging, I chose complicated poses.
One pose was a view of a male laying down on his back with his legs folded over with his knees up in the air.

The second drawing is a view of a man laying on the ground viewed from his feet.
So you have to imagine (because I didn’t take my camera to the studio) that the viewer is laying down on the floor too and looking through the man’s feet.

I love challenges, even though by no means the drawings looks great. They are simply exercises - five minute loose exercises.

I also started to add to the painting the rest of the sketchbook elements in oil sticks and ink.
The oil sticks look like a child’s crayons only they do dry hard and do not smear.

No matter how many pieces I make, I still love the freedom that this style offers me. The freedom to practice drawing, to play with colors and to doodle to allow my monkey mind to rest.