self belief

Today I read in the NZ Herald an article about a TV presenter here in NZ that is accused of “oozing too much self Belief”.

I thought about how nonsensical this criticism is.
“Self belief” is a well earned attribute, not a minus.
How can anyone working in a creative field be blamed for having a belief in himself?

As artists and creative people, we have to act on our vision.
If we luck self confidence, no one else will ever believe in us.

We have to be self motivated in order to bring into the world a new vision.
People do not take lightly new styles and ideas.
They tend to like familiar things that fits well within their comfort levels.

New Ideas, wether they be visual, sonic or written, tend to challenge people’s comfort zones.

I do not know this TV and radio presenter or the ideas that he stands for, as we do not watch TV.
I am not defending his ideas which I am not familiar with.
I simply want to make a point that believing in your self is a great plus

In fact I wish I was “oozing self belief.”
I think it would have been a very helpful tool in marketing my art.

Not just in marketing but also in creating art.
I sometimes look at my sketchbook series and love everything about it.
I love the colors, the shapes, the symbols, the playfulness, the innocence and the spirit of it all.

At other times I am full of self doubts and needing to talk myself out of this rut.