A gray day

Today was a rest day.
We decided to go cycling, but we only got as far as inflating our tires when the weather turned gray.
We delayed our outing until tomorrow.

We continued to plan the changes we intend to do in our properties, our strategies for the future and varied ideas we have.
Jules baked his fabulous thin crust pizza and we ate it with a large salad with veggies from our garden.

I played a little on the computer with cut images from my paintings to try and create a new header for my web site.

I love reading what other artists say about their sketchbooks.
About why they keep them and how they feel when they doodle or draw in them.

Most artists comment about how freeing the experience is, how they use their sketchbook as an inner journal and a playful ground.

This is exactly why I chose to work in this style on large canvases.
I got tired of judging my art too harshly.
I wanted joy and freedom in my art.
I want to work with an open heart and allow images to emerge from my subconscious with spontaneity and fun.